Re: egcc maintainer

ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Ian Jackson)  wrote on 14.01.99 in <[🔎] 13982.2168.251411.195344@chiark.greenend.org.uk>:

> Oliver Elphick writes ("Re: egcc maintainer "):
> > <debate>
> > However, one of the group should be nominated to have the prime
> > responsibility for the package. This maintainer's address should be
> > listed in the Group-leader control field.  The group leader has the
> > particular responsibility of ensuring that Debian policy is followed
> > and is the person who will be contacted if messages to the group
> > alias get no response.
> > </debate>
>
> What is the purpose of this ?  I disagree with it.

How about instead having a Group-Members: (or similar) field listing all
the people involved? That gives quite a bit more people to try if the main
maintainer address doesn't work, and incidentally might allow to setup
these aliases automatically, should that be interesting.

Proposed Syntax: Maintainer Name (role, if any) <email@address>, ...

MfG Kai