Re: Licenses under GPL?

Darren Benham <gecko@benham.net> wrote:
> If the GPL is GPL'd, I could take it, change it to, say, allow me to
> link with Qt (old) and viola, the whole KDE problem goes away...

No, it doesn't.  I haven't checked the KDE sources, but most GPL'd
programs refer to the "GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation"; your version of the GPL would not be
published by the FSF so it would not apply.

Btw, did you really mean to mention the string instrument, as a joke
perhaps?  Or is it a typo?

        Antti-Juhani

EMACS, n.:       Emacs May Allow Customised Screwups
                                   (unknown origin)