Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 03:02:09AM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> the other Unixen boxes summed up; 2nd, Debian never did gratuitous policy
> change just 'because some others are doing so' and I hope we won't start
> now.

I'm not commenting on whether or not /var/mail or /var/spool/mail
should be used, but I wanted to add that following conventions is not
the same as 'following the leader'. We have a UNIX like system, which
follows most UNIX conventions, we can't make everything different or we
might as well have a BeOS system where nothing is the same.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org