Re: copyright files in other languages

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 04:45:07PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  >> Should an English translation be required?  Currently a user need only
>  >> speak English to decide if a package is free enough for him.
>
>  Javier> 	I think it should be.

[...]

> 	Even were the copyright in English, I am sure I can come up
>  with something that would or would not meet the DFSG, but would need
>  someone trained in law to so determine.

Even more so, I think a fluent english speaker can come up with a copyright
that only native english speaker can understand if at all. English is a
language with a huge vocabulary, although only few words are needed for
daily conversation.

At least some of you should remember the poems (I can't rightly call them
emails) by ioannis. Shouldn't we be glad that he didn't wrote copyright
licenses? :)

Marcus