Re: Should non-free and contrib packages install to /opt?

Hi,
>>"Fabrizio" == Fabrizio Polacco <fabrizio.polacco@ntc.nokia.com> writes:

 Fabrizio> Debian has absolutely no control on what people (non-DD)
 Fabrizio> can put in their .deb packages. If you permit them to put

	Am I the only one struck by the paradox in these words? If we
 have no control over non-DD packages, then surely we do not have the
 authority to permit anything. ;-)

 Fabrizio> stuff under /usr (as you are saying) then you are surely
 Fabrizio> going to have name clashes (at a minimum), a part the fact
 Fabrizio> that this violates FHS.

	I do agree with you, though. I think we should strongly urge
 non-Debian sources of .deb packages to use /opt as described in the
 FHS.

	manoj
--
 The first myth of management is that it exists.  The second myth of
 management is that success equals skill. Robert Heller