Re: Relation with non-existing packages

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> I agree (as long as new packages which depend on other new packages
> are acceptable).

Would adding something like the following to section 2.3 be enough?

  Packages may have a relation with other packages through Pre-depends,
  Depends, Recommends, Suggests, Conflicts and Replaces. If a package
  declares such a releation to another package, that other package has
  to exist in one of the sections of the same release. It can either be
  a real package, a virtual package provided by another package or a
  virtual package from the list of virtual packages.

I'm not too happy about the wording though.

Wichert.
E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl