Re: Constitution not packaged!

reopen 30694
reassign 30694 developers-reference
retitle 30694 Please include the constitution
thanks

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Darren Benham wrote:
> > Why not the debian-doc package with the social contract, manifesto, et al?
>
> Sounds reasonable. Apparently I missed that one since the name doesn't
> start with debian-. It's cunningly hidden as doc-debian.

doc-debian is more user-oriented, since it contains the Debian FAQ.

developers-reference is more developer-oriented, I think it should be
there (or in debian-policy), since it is a highly technical document which
is not of great interest for the average user (the constitution is *much*
more technical than the social contract, manifesto, etc.).

> I'll file a bugreport on doc-debian to ask for the inclusion of the
> constitution (ooh.. rhyme!).

For the reasons above stated, I'm reassigning this bug to
developers-reference.

My apologies to Wichert, by mistake I confused this bug with #30091.
(when I said it has been already reported). They were not the same.

Thanks.

--
 "c9b7ae4a092b0efc4e068eeef7704073" (a truly random sig)