Re: old releases

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Justin Maurer wrote:

:
: it has come to my attention everything bo is gone (tm).
: while i realize the difficulty of maintaining older distributions, i DO
: think they should at *least* be available for download.
:
: when corresponding with other developers, basically all of them say
: "upgrade to hamm - quick and painless" or something of the sort. yes, it
: is. but it is also NOT AN OPTION for many people. besides the obvious
: low-powered hardware installations, there is the more important
: mission-critical production server. any smart admin never ever touches a
: working setup, except perhaps to apply security patches (and sometimes,
: not even then).
:
: It is simply NOT AN OPTION for some people to upgrade, and I think that at
: the very least, bo, updates, and the likes, should at least be archived
: somewhere.

bo IS archived somewhere.

ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/debian/dists/bo/
{ftp,http}://debian.midco.net/debian/Archive/

are two that I know of.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104