Re: Configuration management, revision 3

On 29 Jul 1998, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> Hmm, has noone in this thread mentioned COAS yet? http://www.coas.org/
> It is ment to be a complete Linux administration package, with plugin
> modules for every package. If we just provided the configuration
> module with each package, COAS could be used to configure it ...
> Chances are that a config module has even already been written.

Actually coas is a good example of what happens when you use scripts and
don't describe the data.

Coas has a number of full blown configuration modules that it uses to
configure things, they store things in a central database and there are
some query things.. But to make use of it you must write a python program
to present the queries.

I don't think we can ask our maintainers to learn python and write a
configuration script for their program.

Jason