Re: package configuration design

Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> No.  But that's unrelated to md5sums.
>
> For that kind of cleanup we need to have packages say "I'm using this
> value", and we need for package purge to take them off the list.

Like a proposed "dpkg-vars --purge --package xxx" ?
But I'm not talking about cleanups, but about upgrades. When you upgrade
a package and it wants a new default, it does a DSET. Not the frontend
can do 2 things: it can see the last update was made by a user and
refuse to change the value, or if the last update was made by the package
it changes the value. So it's the same as md5sums.

Wichert.