Re: nouser/nogroup clarification

Hi,
>>"Jules" == Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

 Jules> I don't think it would be appropriate to post it to
 Jules> debian-devel.  It's a policy issue.  It belongs here.  I
 Jules> suppose one could make a concession by posting an update every
 Jules> n weeks to debian-devel listing recent policy happenings and
 Jules> encouraging people over to -policy to discuss them.

	The reason I asked for an announcement on debian-devel is that
 we have been without a policy mangaer for a while, and people should
 be informed of this move here in the policy group.

	Secondly, Christian used to announce his ``weekly'' reports on
 debian-devel, so people really interested could participate on
 debian-policy; the announcement made it clear that all discussions
 happen on the policy mailing list, but it did keep the larger
 community informed of things being discussed here.

	Doing it this way allows people to participate in a specific
 policy issue even if they are not generally paying attention to the
 policy mailing list; instead of presenting them with a fait
 accompli.

	I am quite against closed door sessions.

	As to the long term, I would like to hear from the projet
 leader, and to have the constitution passed, so that a tech committee
 is in place to be accessible for arbitration.

	manoj

--
 "The pathology is to want control, not that you ever get it, because
 of course you never do." Gregory Bateson