Re: Contrib Copyright Review

Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> wrote:
> I don't think we should hold up hamm for this, but I don't
> think we should be making cds with these binaries on them.

OK.  Is this something like a consensus ?

Make the CD's without the controversial contrib binaries, and sort
the archive out once we've got 2.0 out of the door, and have more time ?

If it is, I could do with suggestions for the censorship list, of packages to
leave off of the CD's.  I'm certainly not going to take it on myself to decide
unilaterally, because I can already hear that howls of protest.

Starting with the one Raul just put together, I'd like people to explain why
particular packages either should, or should not be distributed (maintainers
should probably assess their own packages, at least, since they ought to know
the licensing issues best).

If this is likely to be workable, it needs to be presented to debian-devel.

Cheers, Phil.