Re: Replacing/phasing out PGP (was Re: Idea for non-free organization)

On Fri, Jul 03, 1998 at 08:14:32PM +0000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 03, 1998 at 03:55:16PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:

> I don't read -private.  I still need to get a key signed to become a
> developer.  Working on that still.  =>  However, I really think this should
> be in -announce or -devel-announce since it affects more than just developers
> really.

More than "just developers", eh? ;)

Joseph, some developers don't have time to read -devel, although they are
supposed to be subscribed. All are supposed to be subscribed to and read
-private, so private is the correct place for this.

I think the relevant new maintainer documents will be updated then, once the
decision was made.

BTW: Has someone the capability to judge if gpg is *secure*?

Is the algorithm the same as in pgp? Is the key generation secure? I'm in
favour for free software, but let's not sacrifice secureness (or we could
drop signing at all). Note: gpg must be secure at the time we *generate* the
keys, not sometime later.

Marcus