NEDD for a policy manager

Hi,
>>"Igor" == Igor Grobman <igor@igoria.net> writes:

 Igor> Just a note: This has already been proposed by Ian on -policy a
 Igor> while back.  Everyone seemed to think it's a good idea.  Then,
 Igor> Christian stepped down...  We need a policy manager urgently.
 Igor> Policy and the resulting consistency is one of Debian's
 Igor> strengths.  Much of it is due to the way policy has been
 Igor> maintained by Christian.  Please, someone, step up to the task!
 Igor> ;-)

	I think if we ratify the constitution, we can get the tech
 committee to take over the policy managers job. One of the objections
 people had was that the policy manager was one lone individual, and
 they felt that they were at the whims of that individual. The tech
 committee is supposed to be made up of people who have displayed a
 modicum of technical competence, and they are not individuals either.

	The tech committee shall not by itself decide policy. The
 policy group shall decide on this as before; the tech committee shall
 merely codify and implement the decisions of the policy group.

	How does this sound to people?

	manoj
--
 "It's the best thing since professional golfers on 'ludes." Rick
 Obidiah