Re: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:

> I really think the way I did it was the most elegant way.

Don't worry, I (at least) already retracted my objection.  I hadn't
read the packaging manual carefully enough.  My objection was that
dpkg (or other tools) might lose it if you put another dash in.  The
packaging manual makes it clear that this would just be a bug in the
tool.

In fact, until we implement the "~" feature that it looks like we've
settled on, I'm using a dash in the libgc4 (Boehm GC) version number.