Debian 2.0: handling of bug updates for stable

Hallo all,

Marcello E. Magallon raised this question on -mentors:

How should bug updates be handled for the stable version?

What is current policy? Shell we keep that?
How should we handle it.

I see this is has been handled like this, yet:

1) put every update in an ?/stable-updates directory in the ftp mirrors.

2) Make sure that the cds are updated in intervalls, update version
   number to Debian 2.0rX, X = 2,3,4,....
   Make sure stable-updates gets included in stable itself (on ftp).

3) iterate

What do you think?

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Nothing works better as it is supposed to. (Steven Chu)