Re: Provides: emacsen ?

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
> 	Umm, why is the new elisp package dependent on emacs if it
>  really needs emacsen methods? As far as I can see, most of the new
>  packages either depend on emacsen-common, or explicitly on
>  x?emacs{19,20}, so they would not be upgraded an a system that does
>  not have the new emacsen system.

Umm, I think you misunderstood me.  I was trying to explain the
problem you're talking about, i.e. why 'emacsen' exists instead of
just having all the flavors provide 'emacs'.  The scenario I gave was
a sort of "what would break if there was no 'emacsen'" thing...

Personally, I have no problems with the current emacs setup... I think
it's quite a nice idea, actually, and yet another nice little feature
Debian has to set it apart from the rest of the pack :)

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB			Internet: rob@io.com