Re: Proposal how to handle mass bug reports

srivasta@datasync.com (Manoj Srivastava)  wrote on 18.03.98 in <[🔎] 874t0vitmg.fsf@tiamat.datasync.com>:

> 	As I mentioned in a previsou message, I do not like this
>  trend. I understand people are annoyed at spurious bug reports, but
>  the goal is to have packages without bugs, and strictly prohibiting
>  automated bug reports is a Bad Thing.

That's not what he said. He said automated means you MUST have specific
approval.

I agree with that.

(In fact, such an approval could easily be "all type X bugs that lintian
finds shall be reported by the lintian maintainer".)

> 	Secondly, what purpose does asking each and every developer in
>  email whether it is OK to file a bug report serve? Did you instead

Huh?! Did you read the same email as I did?

>  mean that mass bug reports should be discussed on the policy/devel
>  list first?

That sure is how I interpreted it.

MfG Kai