Proposal how to handle mass bug reports

I think we should have the following much simpler and clearer policy:

 Noone may submit many bug reports or send mail to many maintainers
 without prior approval for the specific person in question to send
 mail under those specific circumstances.

 Even for violation by packages of an already-established policy, no
 more than five manually-written and manually-sent bug reports may be
 submitted.

 Under no circumstances may programs be used to generate bug reports
 or email developers, without prior approval.

The text that Marcus Brinkmann proposed could be used as a rationale.

Ian.