Re: On essential packages and dependencies

On Fri, Mar 06, 1998 at 05:11:08PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
>
> > If an Essential package depends on other packages, shouldn't those other
> > packages be tagged Essential as well?
> >
> > Currently, gzip (Essential) depends on debianutils (non-Essential).
>
> debianutils 1.7 is essential. Has this changed recently?

Oops!, you are right, I don't know why the script I was using to check base/
dependencies detected the other essential packages but not this one.

I apologize for bothering you.

--
Enrique Zanardi						   ezanardi@ull.es
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental			Univ. de La Laguna