Re: egcc maintainer

Enrique Zanardi wrote:
  >> Nope, the dreaded `exactly one maintainer' clause in 2.3.2 is still
  >> very much in place as of the latest policy.
  >
  >You're right. We should fix the policy. Anyone with good skills in
  >english writing that wants to modify that clause?

How about the following:

=============================
2.3.2 The maintainer of a package

Every package must have at least one maintainer. The maintainers are
responsible for ensuring that the licence of a package's software
complies with the policy of the distribution the package is
included in.

The maintainer must be specified in the Maintainer control field with
the correct name and a working email address for the Debian maintainer
of the package. If one person maintains several packages he/she should
try to avoid having different forms of their name and email address in
different Maintainer fields.

Where a group of maintainers handle a single package, the email address
should be an alias that translates to the addresses of all of them.
The group alias will be listed in the Maintainer control field.
<debate>
However, one of the group should be nominated to have the prime
responsibility for the package. This maintainer's address should be
listed in the Group-leader control field.  The group leader has the
particular responsibility of ensuring that Debian policy is followed
and is the person who will be contacted if messages to the group
alias get no response.
</debate>

If the only maintainer of a package quits the Debian project, the
Debian QA Group takes over the maintainership of the package until
someone else volunteers for that task. Such packages are called
orphaned packages.

     "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every
      man that is among you: Do not think of yourself more
      highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself
      with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure
      of faith God has given you."            Romans 12:3