Re: egcc maintainer

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 08:21:31PM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen Ray" wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 17:29:24 +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > Could anyone please tell me why Galen is still listed as egcc mainatiner?
>
> Because he is still the EGCS maintainer.
>
> > There were a lot of uploads by other people and the version number doesn't
> > look like an NMU either.
>
> That's because "Galen Hazelwood <galenh-egcs@debian.org>" is shared by the
> EGCS maintainers, currently: Galen, Matthias Klose and me.
>
> Maybe we should use something like
> "Compiler maintenance group <galenh-egcs@debian.org>", but I'm not sure if
> policy has been modified to allow more than one maintainer per package.

If it hasn't been, I will hereby re-request that it be changed.
Maintainer groups, especially for packages with high platform specific
content, are a real lifesaver.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |