priorities and package relations

A while ago someone (Santiago iirc) filed a bugreport about packages
depending on other packages with a lower priority. This made me
wonder about allowed relations between packages. Reading the policy
document does not give any explicit demands. The only thing that
I am sure of is that a package may not depend on a packages with a
lower priority. If this also holds for recommends is not specified,
although it might be logical considering that a Recommend is handled
the same as a Depend with respect to DFSG compliance.

I have updated my dependency-checker to also check Depends for
priorities, and the report is available via www at
http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/unmet.html .

If nobody disagrees with handling Recommends the same as Depends
I'll add this to the scanner.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl