Re: Question on a copyright

I'm no expert and may be completely off on this however...

On Sun, Nov 15, 1998 at 01:59:00PM +0100, Alexander Koch wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is this policy usable for main? If not, why not?
> I'm new to this and therefore I'm asking.
>
> TIA,
> Alexander
>
> --->
> 			  COPYRIGHT FILE FOR DIABLO
>
>     This entire archive, except for pieces explicitly labeled with another
>     copyright, is (c)Copyright 1996-1998, Matthew Dillon.

What other copyrights might this be under?

> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
> are met:
<snip>
> 5. When this software or any work derived from this software is used in a
>    commercial product or bundled with a commercial product, the vendor must
>    also produce the program this software is derived from for either the Linux
>    or FreeBSD operating systems.  The Linux or FreeBSD version of the product
>    must be sold for substantially the same amount of money as the product
>    for other platforms, and the Linux or FreeBSD releases must be kept up to
>    date with the releases for other platforms.

This one bothers me, it may fail section 6 of the DFSG, but I'm really
not sure, I've not seen one quite like this..

    6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor
       The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the
       program in a specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not
       restrict the program from being used in a business, or from being
       used for genetic research.

I think this may qualify as a restriction, however that may highly
dependent on exactly how you read that, I'm no expert and this one is a
bit grey..

Any comments on this one?

Zephaniah E, Hull..
<snip>