Re: Packages allowed to create /dev symlinks?

Hi,
	Seems straigt forward to me. "No packages may include device
 files in the package file tree". Symbolic links are not "special
 device files", and hence do not fall under Policy 3.3.6.

	I think that packages should be free to create symbolic links
 in /dev, and not have it all devolve on the MAKEDEV script.
 Hmm. Free is a strng word. Let us say that it is not taboo, though it
 is not really encouraged either. I would prefer an "intent to change
 /dev" be posted somewhere.

	Do we really need to codify this?

	manoj
--
 Cut away the five (lower fetters), abandon the five (remaining
 fetters), and then develop the five (faculties). The bhikkhu who has