Re: FHS - transition

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 Ian> It doesn't necessarily mean having everything spread all over
 Ian> the user's disk during the transition, unless we can't help it.

	Actually, having things partially in /usr/man and partially in
 /usr/share/man (if that is what you mean by "having everything spread
 all overthe user's disk ") does not really matter, as long as the
 information browsers can handle it transparently. All that needs be
 done is delay the transition until well after the browsers are in
 widespread use.

	There is nothing stampeding us into a FHS compliance, you
 know. We can take six months if that prevents a flag day (and I
 really want to get FHS compliance some day, and not have a symlink
 kludge in place for all time). I would much rather have a slow
 transition with information browsers able to handle the transition
 seamlessly to being confronted with the choice of a flag day or an
 embarrassing kludge at some time in the future.

	manoj
--
 People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before an
 election. Otto Von Bismarck