Re: NAG messages.

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > > I don't want to remove people.  I feel the nag service is a helpful service
> > > for many people that just need a small push to encourage them to fix their
> > > outstanding bugs.
> >
> > You are the only person I have heard say that this spam is "helpful". I
> > find it obnoxious, uninformative, and totally useless.
>
> Maybe a reasonable compromise is to send only 1 mail by package; this
> email giving the list of overdue bugs for the given package...?

Even this is redundant. I already receive the "Unresolved Problem Report"
every Friday. I do `grep "Dale Scheetz" problems.msg >bugs.today` and get
a useful list of all my outstanding bug reports.

There is no additional information provided by the NAG message, so it is
completely redundant, and useless.

I can remove myself from the bug track mailing list if I desire, and stop
receiving the Friday report. I have no such control over the NAG messages.

I am only asking for control over what gets sent to my mailbox by an
automated process. I am supposed to have legal recourse when someone
unknown to me forces e-mail into my box. I find myself frustrated and
disturbed that I can't get the same cooperation from a fellow developer.

Waiting is,

Dwarf