Re: PROPOSAL: Debian Logo (Was: Logo License has *expired*)

Joseph Carter wrote:

> * Logo may be used on "Official" CD-ROMs [...]
> * Logo may be used on a web page for [advertizing Debian systems]
> * Logo may be used to advertize Debian project [URL required...]
> * Derivative works [have the same terms]

> How's that for a start?

How about just using it on a Debian system?  I don't see anything there
that allows me to use it as an XDM splash screen or a window
decoration.  I don't see anything that allows me to use it in a
Debianized package.  I don't see anything that even allows me to have a
copy sitting on my HD (on my Debian system) unless I'm actively using it
to advertize the Debian project. (To whom?  Myself?)

Can we really call it the Debian logo if Debian developers (and maybe
even users) aren't allowed to use it?
or   cwaters@systems.DHL.COM | above, but it is too long to fit into