Re: Call for Seconds, Take II

I'll second this one completely, the other had problems but I figured we'd
try and fix those after you got the seconds.  I see one potential problem
with this one, see below..

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 10:28:54PM -0500, Zed Pobre wrote:
>   If a program needs to specify an architecture specification string
>   in some place, the following format has to be used:
>
> +   <arch>-<os>
>
>   where `<arch>' is one of the following: i386, alpha, arm, m68k,
> + powerpc, sparc and `<os>' is one of: linux, gnu.  Use of "gnu" in
> + this string is reserved for the GNU Hurd operating system.

Doesn't this need to be linux-gnu, gnu or is that just the configure script
thingie and doesn't require worrying about it?  I must admit I didn't quite
follow all of that discussion completely.