Re: Call for seconds: Policy modifications

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:

 Raul> I think that any information worty of displaying in a package's postinst
 Raul> (aside from prompts) should also appear in the package's description.

	I think not.
2.3.3. The description of a package
-----------------------------------

     Every Debian package should have an extended description stored in the
     appropriate field of the control record.

     The description should be written so that it tells the user what they
     need to know to decide whether to install the package. This
     description should not just be copied from the blurb for the program.
     Instructions for configuring or using the package should not be
     included--that is what installation scripts, manual pages, Info files,
     etc. are for. Copyright statements and other administrivia should not
     be included--that is what the copyright file is for.

	The postinst tells about configuring or using the
 package. Changes from the previous vresion should not go into the
 description either.

 Raul> Any counter examples?

	Tell us what examples you found where the information in the
 postinst was in the description so that we can determine whether to
 file bug reports against them.

	manoj

--
 Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
 every six months. Oscar Wilde