Re: Looking at bugs for the debian-policy package

Hi,
>>"Guy" == Guy Maor <maor@debian.org> writes:

 Guy> Yes, who has the authority?  Those people who have write access to the
 Guy> CVS tree?  Or the tech comittee?  Or anybody?

	I would say that the mailing list has authority over content;
 the maintainers have authority over the packaging details (releasing
 packages, closing bugs, etc).

	Unless there are objections to this, I shall close the [Fixed
 in NMU] bugs this weekend.

	As to the bugs that require content changes, the list has
 authority, and someone should take initiative and create a proposal
 that contains the changed text.

	I would do this myself, but I have been too involved in
 dealing with the adminstrivia related to this, and I would rather
 someone else took the lead in this to mitigate against any perception
 that the policy maintainers are in fact policy czars.

	Surely there are people on the policy list interested i
 getting the bugs closed etc?

	manoj
 sensitive to abuse of power issues
--
 Baker's First Law of Federal Geometry: A block grant is a solid mass
 of money surrounded on all sides by governors.