Re: Vote results for the proposed policy guidelines

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> Um, out of a group of what 200 or 300 some odd developers, only *15*
> voted.  Is this good enough for decisions?  That is roughly 5%.

Yup.

It's fine.

Lots of people aren't on the policy list (meaning, that they don't care,
presumably).  I didn't vote (or even abstain) because a) I didn't get
round to it b) the machine with by PGP key on wasn't turned on c) I felt
slightly ill-informed (I have followed the discussion, but I haven't been
around very long) and d) I could see that the vote was going to pass, and
I was happy with that result (tactical voting, I guess).

Hope that doesn't offend anyone :-)

No, seriously - if anyone really did object, they'd be free now to bring
up a formal proposal which differed, and attempt to get developer support
for it.

Jules