Re: What RMS says about standards (was: [rms@gnu.org: Re: Questions regarding free documentation.]

Hi,
>>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 Marcus> About FSSTND I wonder why you point it out so often... we'll
 Marcus> switch to FHS anyway sometime in the future, and the FHS has
 Marcus> a truely free license.

	It s an example of a license that was important to us, but was
 not modifiable. Lots of people have taken the example of the GPL to
 heart (Tom Christiansen tried to use that to make Perl docs
 unmodifiable for a time). This is not something that shall ever go
 away, really.

 Marcus> (Sure, it will be useful for the next time, but it is just a
 Marcus> temporary problem :)

	Do not confuse an example of a class of problems with the
 problem itself.

	manoj

--
 "Live or die, I'll make a million." Reebus Kneebus, before his jump
 to the center of the earth, Firesign Theater