Re: Distribution of license documents (fwd)

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 10:51:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> >>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> 	The GPL, LGPL, BSD, and Artistic licenses do not apply to any
>  software specifically, and can be considered stand alone. (If I am
>  wrong, please point out wording in the license that specifies which
>  package or specific software the license applies to).

The license applies to the software it copyrights. If I apply the GPL to my
work, this work is copyrighted under the terms of the GPL. If any other
instances (=copies) of the GPL vanish from the world, there is still the GPL
applied to my work.

The GPL itself does not apply to any work in special, but it *is* applied by
authors to their work.

Thank you,
Marcus