Re: What RMS says about standards (was: [rms@gnu.org: Re: Questions regarding free documentation.]

Hi,
>>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

 Marcus> :)  Yes, well, this is why I want vendors to ship the non-free stuff on a
 Marcus> seperate CD.

 Marcus> The point is, you will never be allowed to remopve the
 Marcus> copyright notices.  For example, you'll never be allowed to
 Marcus> make emacs print the Artistic License with C-h C-c [please no
 Marcus> clever arguments about chnaging the key layout and so on].

__> egrep 'COPYING|GPL'  /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list | wc -l
     34
__> ls -1 /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list | wc -l
   1376

	Shipping the GPL as part of the package is the exception
 rather than the rule. and /usr/doc/copyright/GPL is a shipped
 standalone.

 Marcus> This restrictions protect our freedom, so they are good.

	The restriction on standards protect our freedom to coperate
 and build synergy, and they are good.

	manoj
--
 Merely because the group is in formation does not mean that the group
 is on the right course.