Re: changes and standards documents

> >Including anything that is non-DFSG in main, means that people have to
> start
> >checking licences, before playing with the source --- a Bad Thing IMHO.
> >
> >Cheers, Phil.
> >

> People should always check licenses when they are playing with source.
> "was that library LGPL or GPL?" "Can I use that GPL program in my
> proprietary app? no? well how about X/BSD stuff?"
>
> main means the minimum acceptable, but programs can have conflicting
> licenses and still be a part of main.
> (the GPL and the NPL/MPL for example)

Conflicting ?  How ?

If I start with a system containing only DFSG compliant programs and code, and
I licence all my own code under a DFSG compliant licence, how can I ever get
shafted by the licences ?

OK, so maybe I don't get to advertise the fact that I use apache
(allegedly ;) but that's not actually impinging on my use of the program.

As it happens, I do check the licences of the important software I use, but
that's mostly to confirm that maintainers were not mistaken in placing the
software in main.

Cheers, Phil.