Re: changes and standards documents

Hi,
>>"Jules" == Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

 Jules> The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that a separate
 Jules> distribution tag is appropriate.

 Jules> 'immutable' - This tag is intended for documents which are freely
 Jules> distributable, but are not modifiable.  It may not be used for software,
 Jules> in any form, nor for technical documentation, but is intended for
 Jules> copyrighted documents such as emails or articles which are works of
 Jules> personal opinion, or descriptions of standard, or works of fiction, but
 Jules> are considered a valuable part of the debian distribution.

	I think I am beginning to come around to this. Documentaion
 pertaining to software goes in main, and must meet  the DFSG
 requirements, all other documents, essays, books, novells, magazines
 go into 'Docs' or 'immutable', and they have to conform to DFDG
 (Debian Free Documents Guidelines, which is 1, 4-9, of the DFSG, with
 article 2 variant to be crafted on the mailing list.) Both Main and
 the new category are parts of Debian, documents that do not meet DFDG
 requirements go into non-free.

	manoj
--
 A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the
 importance of turning around three times before lying down. Robert