Re: Maybe it's time to split debian-devel-changes

Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@wiggy.ml.org> writes:

> Another thing I'ld like to see is moving the point of posting from (d)upload
> to dinstall.

Yes, I know I need to implement this.

I looked at the archives and debian-*-changes has generated 160K a day
on average this year. Even a stinkin' analog modem can do 1K a second,
so it's probably not such an emergency.  Probably after I implement
dinstall's doing the announcements we can do this.

Here's a top 10 of K/Day for 1998 if you're curious.

debian-user     276253
debian-devel    232533
debian-devel-changes    131859
debian-policy   34645
debian-changes  31586
debian-mentors  23033
debian-alpha    15669
debian-user-spanish     15401
deity   12191
debian-sparc    10581

Damn, we're a talkative bunch.  By the way, I used dc. :-p

Guy