Re: Next Debian goals

Martin Mitchell wrote:
> > I think you can remove this one.  I actually do have scripts to do the
> > common archive operations, which I only wrote fairly recently.  I
> > don't think it's a good idea to allow developers to activate them
> > directly.
>
> Please provide a rationale. Do you think most developers are incapable of
> handling their own packages?

In German we have an idiom "Zuviele Koeche verderben den Brei." which would
be "Too many cooks ruin the pap." if one translates it word by word.  The
meaning is that things get worse when too many people work on it.

Although I don't like important positions be managed by only one person I
agree with Guy that archive maintenance should only be done by the people
who do this regularily.  Since these are Guy, Dark and James I don't see
the need to cry for a change.

Archive maintenance cannot be done in a hurry unless things get worse.  Just
think about a maintainer retracting a version of a package others depend
on etc.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi