Re: Archive Restructuring - Package Pool

Manoj Srivastava writes:
 > Falling back to an old versions of a package is a useful option when a
 > release-critical bug that does not have a ready fix is found. As such,
 > it would be convenient to retain a number of versions of a package,
 > beyond the current stable, prerelease and unstable versions of that
 > package.

Well, yes.  But it will end up with things like we'll have to handle:

* foo_2 (prerelease) depends on bar_2 (prerelease)
* a release-critical bug is discovered in bar_2, and proved not to
 occur in bar_1
* bar_2 has to be replaced with bar_1
* foo_2 has to be downgraded as well

 > /section/ is used to mean one of main, contrib, non-free or non-us.

That seems to conflict with current usage (Section:
{admin,math,...}).  I think some of us refer to this as
"distribution"... maybe some other word should be found ?

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@mygale.org> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email:   <ydirson@a2points.com> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: