Re: Configuration management, revision 3

In article <[🔎] 19980730001842.B20180@rolle.cc.jyu.fi>,
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 06:53:09PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
>> Yes, I understand the distinction. I see the advantages to having a set
>> of questions, rather than a script. But I doubt it will be flexable enough.
>
>You just have to design the language to be flexible enough.

Hmm, has noone in this thread mentioned COAS yet? http://www.coas.org/
It is ment to be a complete Linux administration package, with plugin
modules for every package. If we just provided the configuration
module with each package, COAS could be used to configure it ...
Chances are that a config module has even already been written.

Mike.
--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.