Re: enforcing doc-base

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 01:16:24AM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:

> 	The best doc I know of is in /usr/doc/doc-base .
>
> hamish>Can you or one of the doc-base developers give me (or point me at)
> hamish>an executive summary of that doc-base does?

I think doc-base will be ready very soon, the discussion takes place NOW at
the debian-doc list. Furthermore, we will have a hierarchical subject tree
where documents should be registered (for example, the packaging manual
should be in section debian/devel/packaging). This is not ready yet, but
will improve soon (I'll start working on it in a few hours again :)

However, you are encouraged to make yourself familiar with doc-base, help
improving it, and you may also use it already, but expect changes.

But please do not file bug reports or try to force people to use it now.

Everyone who wants to help me writing descriptions for the subject sections
please mail me. Everyone who wants to help with doc-base in general please
subscribe to debian-doc.

Marcus