Re: nouser/nogroup clarification

Hi,
>>"Philip" == Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

 Philip> This seems reasonable.

	Indeed.

 Philip> If no one objects I'll upload a copy of the policy manual
 Philip> with this change.

	Could you please set a period where objections may be tallied,
 and there is chance to determine if a consensus indeed exists? (For
 the record, I have no objections to this amendment.) However, we need
 a formal process to modify Policy; without such a process in effect I
 am afraid I must object to any modification of the policy document.

 Philip> While I'm about it, I'll set the Maintainer to be me (since
 Philip> no one else seems to be volunteering for the Policy Manager
 Philip> job).

	Oh, good. I do think, however, that we need a group of people
 to maintain the policy, with perhaps a policy czar for deadlock
 breaking. Also, one of the major objections to the previous policy
 manager was that the policy manager was closer to being author than
 being an editor who merely edited the manual to follow the consensus
 reached on this mailing list.  I would like to have this clarifeied
 before the aegis of policy-protector is passed to anyone.

	Secondly, we need to put forth a formal process of instituting
 a change to policy, and driving a consensus, and we have to deide if
 an absolute consensus is required (for example, could the group call
 on the tech cmmttee for arbitration, or does the tech committee have
 no formal standing in policy creation?).

	Formerly, we did have a process by which policy was amended,
 and even that was deemed insufficient since there were no consensus
 determinnation processes in place. I would like to see something
 instituted before we mosify the policy.

	I do agree we need to amend policy, there are a number of
 issues in the policy that need to be addressed.

	manoj
--
 I took a fish head to the movies and I didn't have to pay. Fish
 Heads, Saturday Night Live, 1977.