Re: Contrib Copyright Review

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 10:34:41PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Most of the remainder had GPL licenses.  But I was shocked to find that
> most had *only* GPL licenses.  If that was really the case, then these
> should go in main.

No. There are several reasons why a GPL-ed package may not meet the criteria
for main.

[kde*]
> lyx_0.12.0.final-0.1.deb
> ddd-dmotif_2.2.3-2.deb

Depends on a non-free library (-> cannot be built with packages in main).

> ddd-smotif_2.2.3-2.deb

Cannot be built with packages in main.

[gstep-*]

Needs a newer ghostscript than the free one in main. GS 4 has been freed,
but that was too late to get it into main.

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would