Re: Choosing release goals for slink

James Troup <james@nocrew.org> writes:

> > (btw severity "important-ish" means severity normal to the BTS - see
> > #24255)
>
> Duh; I'm well aware of that, I used it for that reason.  Please stop
> being so damn condescending and also stop telling me what to do; I'll
> do what I want, not what you want.

I was pointing it out, in case you were unaware of it.

So much for the other points I made about outstanding bugs you had filed,
but not fixed yet, it seems that 3 maintainers are not enough and you'll
leave Brian to do everything.

> "Technical grounds"?  Your initial was so vague it would be impossible
> to oppose it on technical grounds; you're only now beginning to flesh
> it out in any way. My reasons, again, for your benefit are:

It was vague at the time, but you dismissed it too hastily.

>  o Lots of effort for no or at best minimal gain.  So people can
>    remove their own packages.  So what?  That is one tiny facet of
>    ftp.debian.org, as the bugs against ftp.debian.org show.

It is nevertheless a facet, and would free the ftp.debian.org maintainers
to fix more important problems like incomplete Packages files.

>  o I don't see anyone offering to implement this.  Do you expect Guy to
>    do it?

No, I'm not asking anyone to do it, I shall volunteer, unless someone else
would prefer to do it.

	Martin.