Re: Chosing release goals for slink

> Such automation (silly as it is) would be absolutely trivial to
> implement,

Not even that... you also need some kind of source dependencies,
except you want to install the whole of Debian on the build machine,
plus a bit more (e.g. Tcl/Tk sources etc.)

I'm currently trying to set up a semi-automatic compiling system on
m68k.debian.org, and it's more complicated than one first thinks. But
where I agree with James: At least someone needs to look at the logs
and maybe test some packages (important and new ones, for example).

Just uploading the stuff might result in major desaster... A
hypothectical example: dpkg uses C++, and think we have some compiling
environment change. The new C++ compiler needs a new lib, but that
hasn't been ported to m68k yet or just not compiled yet.
Unfortunately, this isn't detected while building, because the linker
doesn't complain and takes the old lib. But dpkg breaks at run time.
Some innocent user picks up the new dpkg from the archive before we
had a change to remove it, and now sits there with a totally hosed
dpkg...

Roman