Version numbers with parallel frozen and unstable releases

How do I handle version numbers if there are two concurrent branches
of a package, one in frozen and one in unstable ? Say I have
package_1-2 in frozen and package_1-3 in unstable. Now if I have to
release a small bug fix for frozen, how do I call that ? I have seen
Debian revisions like 2hamm1, is that okay ?

Then, perhaps we should make that explicit in the packaging
manual. I.e., if unstable has a more recent debian revision than
frozen (U > F), then any subsequent revisions in frozen should be
named FnameX with X=1... and name replaced by the name of the
release. NMUs would probably named FnameX.Y

As long as U == F, there should be no problem incrementing U as well
as F (and setting the distribution to "frozen unstable".

	Gregor