Re: /var/mail back to /var/spool/mail

Hi,
>>"Brandon" == Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery@kf8nh.apk.net> writes:

 Brandon> I disagree.  Linux is diverging from the rest of the Unix
 Brandon> community with /var/spool/mail; as a software developer, I
 Brandon> would prefer consistency.

	What UNIX distributions do /var/mail ? DIGITAL UNIX has stuff
 in /usr/spool/mail/$USER; HPUX does /usr/mail/$USER, and Linux has
 always done /var/spool/mail/$USER. I note that POSIX.2 does not deign
 to specify the lcation of mail spool directories or mailboxes.

	What are we being consistent with?

	manoj

--
 Without anger, devout, upright, free from craving, disciplined and in
 his last body - that is what I call a brahmin. 400