Re: PROPOSAL: Extrafiles (was Re: Conffiles...)

    Ian> However, I disagree with the proposed syntax for the
    Ian> extrafiles control area file.  I think the file should
    Ian> contain plain glob patterns a la fnmatch(3) (with * matching
    Ian> /).  The patterns should all start with /.

 Please also allow brace expansion then, of course.  (I really like
 zsh style globbing, with the alternation and character classes.  It
 might be good for glibc to obtain that.)

    Ian> Should dpkg --purge automatically remove such files, as it
    Ian> does for conffiles ?  I think not.

 It implies a reference count, then, doesn't it?  ... or grepping for
 it in every extrafiles list each time `dpkg --purge something' is
 run.