Re: bug #21739 - xfstt -- comments?

Guys, maybe this has been discussed before, although it looks like the
bug is still open.

Federico Di Gregorio <fog@topc27.to.infn.it> writes:
> 	I am writing a little font manager for debian (dtm, you can find
> it in slink) and some time ago I proposed to put all the fonts
> (the one independent from arch) in /usr/share/fonts. If the fonts
> have both outlines and metrics like type1 fonts we can use subdirs:
>
> 	/usr/share/fonts/type1/outlines
> 	/usr/share/fonts/type1/metrics
> 	etc...
>
> 	For trutype fonts I propose /usr/share/fonts/truetype.
>
> 	I am mailing a copy of this to debian-policy (but I am not
> subscribed to this list, so can you keep me on the cc, please).

Note that FHS/FSSTD clarifications, resolutions are not themselves
within the scope of policy, AFAIK, although discussions on those
matters would certainly occur on <debian-policy>.

I believe /usr/share/fonts is appropriate.

> > The new bug states the xfstt keeping the true type fonts in /var/ttfonts
> > is
> > a violation of both the FHS and the FSSTND
> > I agree with this...now that I think about it...this IS a violation
> > (unfortunatly...bad news...I lost my printed copy of the FHS and the
> > FSSTND
> > I will be printing up new copies soon tho)

Save the trees!  /usr/doc/debian-policy/fsstnd